Well, last night I had this LONG agenda of what I wanted to 'accomplish' for the night. One of which was to get up my Christmas tree. I did make it to Lowe's to pick out a beautiful Frasier Fir in the spewing rain and I did get it home. However, that's about as far as I made it. My plan was to put the girls in bed and clean up the house from our returning from Thanksgiving and then put up the tree and have it ready for our family to decorate.......w-e-l-l....that didn't exactly happen. We got to decorate trees alright but it wasn't our family tree...ha ha ha. It was a project that both of the girls had due today and I think our entire family enjoyed it SO much...maybe more than decorating our own Christmas tree. Karis and Ansley's school sent home a piece of green construction paper with a green Christmas tree sketched on it and asked that we decorate them together as a family. We pulled together all of our supplies last night and this is what we came up with:
I don't know that this picture captures the creativity that went into this project. Mitt had an awesome idea to put a mantle on there and add the stockings and I thought it would be cute to add presents and Mitt suggested making them a little thicker so they looked three dimensional. We added bows to Karis' presents and Ansley's had the names of her recepients. All in all it was GREAT family fun and made me realize that we need to take more time to make messes and enjoy family time and activities. It was SUCH a joyful experience!!
Here are the excited little elves that decorated the trees. They could not WAIT to show their teachers all the hard work they had put into their trees!
3 comments:
Those are ADORABLE!!! What a fun time!!! Thats a GREAT post, too, by the way!! :) I cant wait to be there with y'all!!!!!!!!
What fun - and fun memories. Do you still remember making bread dough ornaments when you were about their age?
these are so cute!!! the girls are so grown up and beautiful! where are they going to school? i hope things are going well for you guys! we miss our sunday afternoon visits.
Post a Comment